Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Open Studio: Jan Royall

On December 3rd I visited an "open-house" for a group of artists here in Farmington. They've been doing this for five years. I urge everyone to visit them next year; they are all talented artists and crafters. I spoke with two of the artists showcasing their works, Jan Royall and Mary McFarland.

First, Jan Royal:
I was very impressed with the consistent quality throughout her works. Not just care and attention to detail, but also of a vision, the ability to express her art in glass and metal. 

She displayed works in stained glass and jewelry. The jewelry was made from fused glass, a radically different process from stained glass. An example of her jewelry work is the pendant she's wearing in the lower right corner of the collage. 

I didn't have the time to interview Jan about her work. I hope to do so in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts for the Day 20240304

Let's not mince words this terrible day:  the Supreme Court rolled out the red carpet for Donald Trump,  bowing and motioning him to wal...