Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Thoughts for the Day 20230104

 Catching up on a backlog of my personal notes:

  • People who own guns want their ownership to be sacrosanct, a moral imperative.
    • Guns are just guns; they are designed only to kill.
      • That is not a moral authority; that is terror.
  • I have little patience with pro-gun arguments, because their logic--boiled down--is, "I have a gun, and you don't, so you lose."
    • Pro-gun arguments are abysmally stupid and meaningless.
  • The question Conservatives hate the most is, "Why are you doing this?"
    • Conservative attempts to truthfully answer this question are too revealing, as conservatives know they cannot reveal their real reasons, as they are inherently racist and exploitative. 
  • I thank the gods I have witnessed the beginning of the end of the Republican party.
    • The slippery moral slope begun in the Reagan administration has dumped the GOP into a pit of their own making.
  • I weary of all these articles and essays whose thesis is, "I was a Liberal until..."
    • As far as I am concerned, that until is when you sold out to gain wealth, fame and power.
    • I am a Liberal.
      • I want to be a Liberal.
      • I am not a Liberal in reaction to conservative policies and exploitation.
  • Conservative candidates only have (obscene amounts of) money, not an agenda.
  • A major consequence of GOP misrule is ignorance and misinformation.
    • At my local college, students who come from GOP controlled regions were afraid to be openly liberal, and had no idea of what a lot of important--even vital--social issues there are. 
  • Yes, my worldview is radical, even anarchist, based on an unshakable belief in human rights.
    • And the means to ensure these human rights is a democracy, not a republic.
  •  Don't paint the GOP as the bad guys.
    • Instead focus on how horrific their policies and platform are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts for the Day 20240304

Let's not mince words this terrible day:  the Supreme Court rolled out the red carpet for Donald Trump,  bowing and motioning him to wal...